Enrollment Continues for Heritage Health Adult!
After the first weekend enrollment was open, more than 1,100 Nebraskans had already applied for coverage through Nebraska’s newly available expanded Medicaid program, Heritage Health Adult. More and more sign ups are expected leading up to the October 1st start date!
Don’t forget about Enroll Nebraska’s Medicaid Expansion Outreach Toolkit to help spread the word in your networks.
As a reminder, if you have questions about the new expanded Medicaid program in Nebraska, email DHHS.MedicaidExpansionQuestions@Nebraska.gov.
If you know about health care-related and/or outreach and enrollment events happening in your area, visit our events page and enter your event into our Submit An Event form.
Registration is now open for Health Reform: Beyond the Basics’s 9-part OE8 webinar series. The series is scheduled to begin on September 15th. Webinars will be held at 1 pm CT on Tuesdays and Thursdays through October 22nd. All webinars will be recorded and available for viewing on our Health Reform: Beyond the Basics website.
First Day of Medicaid Expansion Coverage – October 1, 2020
Health Insurance Marketplace Open Enrollment 8 – November 1 – December 15, 2020
NEWS AND UPDATES
If you’d like more health-related news, we recommend Kaiser Health News to sign up for periodic email updates.
AP: Doctors, Hospitals Launch Voter Registration Efforts
An emergency room doctor in Boston is assembling thousands of voter registration kits for distribution at hospitals and doctor’s offices. Later this month, students at Harvard and Yale’s medical schools are planning a contest to see which of the Ivy League rivals can register the most voters.
Kaiser Health News: In Texas, More People Are Losing Their Health Insurance As COVID Cases Climb
Steve Alvarez started feeling sick around Father’s Day weekend this year. His symptoms started as mild, but developed into a fever, chills and shortness of breath he couldn’t shake. “Just when I started to get to feeling better and I would have a couple of good days,” Alvarez said. “I felt like I’d backtrack and I was just really run down. This thing lingered and lingered.”
On Nebraska Medicaid Expansion:
- HCAN/DHHS Medicaid Expansion Training Webinar Resources
- Medicaid 101 Training for Enrollment Assisters, presented July 8, 2020
- DHHS Expanded Medicaid Program Overview for Enrollment Assisters, presented on July 15, 2020
- Nebraska Managed Care Organization Expanded Medicaid Plan Presentation, presented on July 17, 2020
- Enroll Nebraska Resources
- CBPP: Special Enrollment Period Reference Chart
- CBPP: COVID-19 FAQ to reflect the recent policy changes around SEPs.
- CMS has released a Virtual Toolkit to help you stay up-to-date on CMS materials available on COVID-19.
- The Asian and Pacific Islander American Health Forum is continually updating its COVID-19 resource bank with Asian American, Native Hawaiian, and Pacific Islander in-language information.