OPEN ENROLLMENT STARTS TOMORROW
We know you’re busily preparing for Nov. 1 but check out our 45-minute (start at minute 4) Pre-OE6 Assister Webinar if you have not already.
The basic message is, please reach out to Enroll Nebraska if you need ANYTHING during open enrollment. We will help if we can.
If you know about health care-related and/or outreach and enrollment events happening in your area, visit our events page and enter your event into our Submit An Event form.
Open Enrollment for the Health Insurance Marketplace
Nov. 1 – Dec. 15, 2018
SAVE THE DATE: Enroll Nebraska Assister Celebration Webinar, Thursday, January 24, 2019, 12 pm Central, Register HERE
Enroll Nebraska Pre-OE6 Assister Webinar (See resources and replay below)
NEWS AND UPDATES
If you’d like more health-related news, we recommend Kaiser Health News to sign up for periodic email updates.
New York Times: Health Insurance New York Times: Sign-Ups Begin: Some Assistance Recommended
It’s time to think health insurance. There’s a sentence many Americans will dread reading. Picking the right plan every year involves sifting through deductibles, provider networks and other arcane terms that can quickly scramble the brain. Don’t worry, though, help is available. It just may be harder to find this fall.
Associated Press: Enrollment beginning on Health Insurance Marketplace
Open enrollment begins Thursday on the Health Insurance Marketplace. The nonprofit organization Nebraska Appleseed says more than 88,000 Nebraskans found their insurance through the Health Insurance Marketplace during the 2017-18 open enrollment period, with 90 percent receiving tax credits to make their plans more affordable.
OE6 Enroll Nebraska Resources
- Webinar Replay
- Enroll NE Promo Video 2018 Facebook link / Youtube link/a>
- Public Charge Talking Points
- Medica Website
- Download Medica Quick Guide
- Enroll Nebraska OE6 Outreach Postcard
- OE6 Enrollment Dates Flyer (English / Spanish)
- OE6 Enrollment Dates (Eng/Span) One Pager
- Assister Celebration January 24, 12 pm, RSVP
- Web Resources: www.enrollmentloop.org</a, email@example.com, www.coverageforall.org
Health Insurance Beyond the Basics 2018 Webinar Series
Part IV: Plan Selection Strategies, View presentation slides (PDF),
CMS has been hosting weekly training modules designed to prepare enrollment assisters in these areas: Assister Roles and Responsibilities, 2019 Individual Marketplace Overview, Helping Consumers Apply for & Enroll in Coverage, Making Coverage Accessible. Access the modules on the assister training page, HERE.
Young Invincibles Marketing and Outreach Resources
- Young Invincibles 2018 Healthy Adulting Toolkit: objective guide
- Community Catalyst Outreach Hub: updated OE6 materials
New OE6 Resources:
- New OE6 Partner Toolkit
- Young Invincibles’ OE6 Graphics: unbranded graphics for OE6
- Community Catalyst Outreach Hub: graphics in English and Spanish
Public Charge Resources: